- Leader Orientation: Available to those investigating leadership & new leaders 2 times each year. More info >>
- Leadership Launches: Two bi-annual gatherings of Small Group leaders for training, connecting with other leaders, and fun. Those exploring leadership are also welcome to attend!
- Leader Get Together: Two bi-annual one-on-one meetings with Small Group Pastor or Small Group Coordinator.
- Theopraxis: Expand your knowledge of God through theology training opportunities. A teacher presents helpful theology and then allow time for you to absorb that content through interaction with others.
- Starting Well: All groups go through the book Starting Well during their first 3 months as a group. All materials for group life are supplied in the book – Icebreakers, study, prayer times, and the 8 essentials for leading a group.
- Sermon Questions: After going through Starting Well groups can choose to use sermon questions for their study material. Every sermon has Small Group study questions available online. (Click to view a sample of questions.)
- Right Now Media: Everyone who attends Crossroads has access to Right Now Media. Right Now Media has over 18,000 studies to choose from for your group study material. Contact email@example.com to get your access!
- myCrossroads: All Small Groups have access to an app within Crossroads’ myCrossroads database that allows for group members to communicate with each other, take group attendance, plan events, and record notes, prayer requests, etc. from group meetings.
There are some qualification for leading a Small Group:
- Have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ (preferably for two years or more)
- Recognize the Bible as the authority for their lives
- Must be a member of Crossroads. If not currently a member, you only need agree to attend the next Discover Membership class when offered.
- Have the time, emotional capacity, and moral discernment to lead a group
- Read and be in agreement with the Small Group Leader Role Model Agreement.
- Complete a Small Group Leader application.
- Lead the group by facilitating the group meeting, monitoring its health and duration, and promoting participation among group members
- Commit to engage in leadership development opportunities (listed above under Training).
- Identify & develop future Small Group leaders from within your Small Group.